Op-Ed: Israel left Gaza in 2005 and now finds itself under relentless attack by the terrorists who took over. It deserves international support; instead, it’s being abandoned By David Horovitz After the abandonment of Israel by the UK, with its…
Exclusive: Moshe Phillips and Benyamin Korn want U.S. to dump ‘restraint’ rhetoric Israel and the American Jewish community are in deep mourning over the brutal kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers by the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas. But at…
By Jack Minor Soldiers in the U.S. military have been told in a training briefing that evangelical Christians are the No. 1 extremist threat to America – ahead of groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, KKK, Nation of Islam, al-Qaida, Hamas…
Israel launched its first airstrike on Gaza since the Egyptian-mediated truce ended November’s eight-day bout of fighting.
IAF air strike in Gaza
Israel launched its first airstrike on the Gaza Strip on Tuesday since the Egyptian-mediated truce ended November’s eight-day bout of fighting.
“Occupation planes bombarded an open area in northern Gaza, there were no wounded,” the Hamas Interior Ministry said in a statement.
An Israeli military spokeswoman confirmed there had been a strike in Gaza, but gave no further details.
The airstrike came in response to the firing of a projectile from Gaza, which exploded on Tuesday in an open area of southern Israel’s Eshkol region. The explosion did not cause any injuries.
Tzippy Livni discussed with Turkish officials the possibility that Israel would compensate families of the Maramara dead
David LevJustice Minister Tzippy Livni on Sunday spoke with Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, discussing the possibility that Israel would pay reparations to the families of nine Turkish supporters of Hamas who were killed in 2010 aboard the Mavi Marmara, after they attempted to attack and murder IDF soldiers as part of the Gaza flotilla.
Turkey’s vice-premier, Bulenbt Arink, told Turkish media Sunday that a meeting and discussion in compensation had taken place, but gave no details.
Turkish media reported Sunday that the families were due to receive “tens of millions of dollars” in compensation. Israel has named former director general of the Foreign Ministry, Yosef Checanover, as responsible for the negotiations on compensation for the Israeli side.
Tazpit News Agency
The UN Human Rights Council released an advanced version of its report on Operation ‘Pillar of Defense’, exonerating Israel and the IDF in many cases previously alleged that the IDF committed war crimes during the operation.
When it relates to Gazan civilians that died during the operation it concedes that there was a legitimate military target in the area in most incidents during which civilians were killed by IDF fire. The report is cautious when presenting its findings of alleged violations by Israel of international law:”In some cases, more information would be required to make a more specific assessment. Based on the information available to Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), the IDF did not consistently uphold the basic principles of conduct of hostilities, namely, the principles of distinction, proportionality and precautions. Further, the effectiveness, sufficiency and adequacy of precautions taken remains questionable in several cases.”e report states no such doubts when relating to Hamas’ violations:
“Palestinian armed groups continuously violated international humanitarian law, by launching indiscriminate attacks on Israel and by attacking civilians, thereby disregarding the principle of distinction. The armed groups failed to take all feasible precautions in attacks, in particular by launching rockets from populated areas, which put the population at grave risk. Furthermore, several Palestinians were killed by rockets launched by the armed groups that fell short and landed in the Gaza Strip.”
One example given is notable. The report states that Omar Mishrawi, the son of BBC reporter Jihad Mishrawi, was killed by a Hamas rocket. The UNHRC report states:
“On 14 November, a woman, her 11-month-old infant, and an 18-year-old adult in Al-Zaitoun were killed by what appeared to be a Palestinian rocket that fell short of Israel. In addition, OHCHR received reports related to an incident in which two civilians, including a child, were killed, and five persons, including three children, were injured, as a result of what appeared to be a Palestinian rocket that fell short and hit a house in Al-Quds Street, near Khilla Gas Station, Jabalya, on 16 November.”
The first incident is the Mishrawi case; the second one is talking about Mahmoud Sadallah. The photo of Mishrawi in agony while carrying his dead son, flanked by Hamas leader Ismail Haniyah, became famous during the operation and was instrumental in Hamas’ propaganda against Israel. The photo of Sadallah, a four-year-old boy, was used for a photo-op with Egyptian PM Hesham Kandil and Haniyeh.
The UN itself investigated this case and believes that the attack came from a Hamas rocket, not Israel, contrary to how the BBC reported it, as well as the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR), Human Rights Watch (HRW), the Daily Mail and others. They assume that Israel must be guilty by default.
by Steve Emerson and John Rossomando
A year-long investigation by the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) has found that scores of known radical Islamists made hundreds of visits to the Obama White House, meeting with top administration officials.
Court documents and other records have identified many of these visitors as belonging to groups serving as fronts for the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and other Islamic militant organizations.
The IPT made the discovery combing through millions of White House visitor log entries. IPT compared the visitors’ names with lists of known radical Islamists. Among the visitors were officials representing groups which have:
Congressman Allen West, a Republican from the state of Florida, has warned that the state of Israel could become the site of a second Jewish Holocaust if the United States does not take further actions to protect the Jewish state against Iran. West, who is a veteran of the Iraq War, also warned that the current political turmoil in the Middle East could lead to a number of Arab and or Islamic states engaging Israel in a full blown Middle Eastern war.
Congressman West said that creation of a Hamas led Palestinian state based on pre-1967 borders is the most egregious foreign policy decision that’s ever been made and could lead to the beginning of the end for the Jewish state of Israel.
A warning from a United States Congressman that Israel could face the beginning of the end for the Jewish state and a second Holocaust is a page out of Bible prophecy for the last days.
United States Congressman Allen West, from the state of Florida, has issued a warning to the world that Israel could be in danger of a second Holocaust. This warning from West is based on the foreign policy decision of the present United States Administration and what seems to be a lack of support for Israel in its position in the Middle East. Iran has made numerous threats to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Israel retreating to the pre-1967 borders would only enhance the Palestinian terror organization Hamas in their plan to use armed resistance to eliminate a Jewish state from the Middle East.