Trump accepts Amona settlement exception, US official says

US President Donald Trump speaks to reporters aboard Air Force One. (photo: Reuters)

The Trump administration accepts Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s rationale for approving one exceptional new settlement for evacuees of Amona, an Israeli outpost in the West Bank that was dismantled last month, one senior administration official told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday.

Earlier in the day, Israel’s security cabinet approved a new settlement that was promised by Netanyahu to former residents of Amona. Their outpost was evacuated after Israel’s High Court ruled it was an illegal construction.

“We would note that the Israeli prime minister made a commitment to the Amona settlers prior to President Trump laying out his expectations, and has consistently indicated that he intended to move forward with this plan,” the US official said.
Construction will take place in Emek Shilo, and will represent the first new settlement in the West Bank approved in two decades.

Read Entire Story in Jerusalem Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *